Flandre Opale Habitat is a social housing provider in the Action Logement group operating in the Pas-de-Calais and Dunkerque area in Hauts-de-France. With over 18,000 housing units, the company aims to provide sustainable and needs-adapted housing. In this vein, Flandre Opale Habitat has implemented inclusive housing initiatives for people with disabilities or seniors.
FLANDRE OPALE HABITAT, a social landlord committed to inclusion through housing for people with disabilities.
6. Clients and consumers
Access to basic services
- One of the company's major goals is to reduce its environmental footprint by offering sustainable, adaptable, and needs-adapted housing to tenants.
Flandre Opale's inclusive housing approach involves providing model apartments so that disabled or senior tenants can test out equipment that could improve their daily lives. This approach is part of a partnership with APAHM (Aide aux Personnes agées ou Handicapés Moteur) and APF France Handicap, as well as several inclusive housing projects in the region.
By committing to inclusion through housing, Flandre Opale Habitat aims to improve the quality of life for these individuals by providing housing that meets their needs and helps them better integrate into society.
In parallel, the company also sensitizes its tenants to sustainability by offering awareness-raising actions on topics such as responsible recycling and eco-friendly gestures, including sending them a kit containing a multi-plug, foamers, an eco-thermal shower head, and LED bulbs.
Finally, as part of its approach to building sustainable housing, Flandre Opale Habitat uses bio-sourced materials with low environmental impact and rehabilitates eco-friendly housing while protecting the environment and biodiversity.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Annual or quarterly surveys of tenants are conducted to measure tenant satisfaction. In 2021, 75% of tenants were satisfied.
- Flandre Opale Habitat was a winner of the 28th edition of the Trophies of Responsible Economy.
- The company has received the following certifications:
- ISO 9001
- LABEL S3A: places and services accessible to intellectually disabled people
- Improving the quality of life for people with disabilities
- Contributing to greater social equality