Pioneer firm of Adeo Group, Leroy Merlin society is today in France the first signboard of hypermarket of Do-it yourself, on home and life-improvement Created in 1923, Leroy Merlin wantsto provide "a home for all". In 2011, starting from the premise that the company aims in reality only the small portion of the population owning a house, Nicolas Cordier, appointed full time at the branch level,introduces the concept of social intrapreneurship within the group.
LEROY MERLIN (Adeo Group) develops social intrapreneurship against inadequate housing
6. Clients and consumers
Access to basic services
- Help house equipment available for everyone
- Conquer new customers/target
- Usage of unsold equipment/products
- Remove mental barriers between business and social
Social Intrapreneurship, are innovations initiated by employees of a company, using the heart of the business of the company in a social perspective.
The process is the same as the one used to set up your own business.
- Put in place a significant idea that can be implemented within the company and based on a social problem to be solved
- Create a business plan and adapt the idea so that it is in line with the company's culture. The idea must also convey the same social values and be profitable very quickly
- Convince: meet the most people possible within the company and convince them to support the project; establish transparent communication between all departments and try to unite them in order to work as a team.
- Adapt the idea to the company’s infrastructure and vice versa.
- Carefully follow the project: toensure that the project is profitable and prove everything, paying attention to the social impact.
Best Practice spotted in 2014 by the World Forum.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Make a small investment leads to big impact in developing countries
- Training staff in new skills ; give sense to the everyday job
- Improving the conditions of life and the quality of life: time to “feel like home” for inhabitants : 3-5 years
- Solve social problematic
- Participate to solidary equipment for 59 000 houses
- Contribute to social equality