For the Bonduelle Group, creating a better future for plant-based food means being an agro-industrial player that has a positive impact on its ecosystem. Bonduelle is increasingly seeking to strengthen its CSR strategy by supporting initiatives with high sustainable value such as the internal CSR CAPEX Prize, organized every year since 2018.
BONDUELLE favors investments with high sustainable value through the internal CSR CAPEX Prize
- To prepare the company for its future environment
- To integrate CSR into long-term decision-making
- To encourage projects with a high sustainable value durable
To be eligible for the prize, projects must meet certain specific criteria in terms of both innovation and coherence with the Group’s CSR objectives.
For each project presented, a “future” ROI is calculated, incorporating:
- a projection to 2030 of the cost of energy, water and the availability of natural resources.
- a non-economic value, calculated according to the project’s societal impact
- an environmental value
- a value for the company image
- an exemplary value, particularly the project’s capacity to be easily replicated for other Bonduelle sites
The CSR Committee, expanded to include internal experts, conducts an initial selection, and the final vote is implemented by the Group’s management.
In 2018, two projects were selected:
- Photovoltaic project in Portugal: installation of 3,000 solar panels on roofs and parking lots to fuel the plant located in Santarém
- Fertigation project in France: 100% reuse of treated water from the Bordères site for recycling into agricultural irrigation, in partnership with young farmers.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
Long-term economic competitiveness of agro-industrial installations
- Reduction of the environmental impact of agro-industrial installations
- Taking into account of projects’ societal impact