Set up in 2002, CVP provides proactive and everyday solutions for plastic packaging in the health, beauty & cosmetics, food and chemicals sectors. CVP's aim is that all its customers, from the biggest account to the smallest, should benefit from environmental innovations to all products, whether specialist or standard. Since 2010, CVP has been the only company in its business sector to measure the carbon footprint of all its packaging products.
CVP launches the "so green by cvp" range and gets a negative co2 balance
- To offer environmentally-friendly production methods
- To recycle infinitely using the "Cradle to Cradle" (C2C) concept
- To be making 50% of bottles and pots in plant-based HDPE by 2020
Out of concern for the environment, the company decided to reduce its carbon footprint, which was 251.5g CO² per bottle, to -32.5g CO² (example of one 1L 65g bottle).
All "So Green by CVP" products are made of 100% plant-based Polyethylene instead of conventional Polyethylene. This underlines the company's wish to sign up to the "Cradle to Cradle" concept, which guarantees that a manufactured product must be able to be recycled then re-used or recovered for use in one or more fields.
These new, sustainable packaging products are thus Designed for the Environment because they are designed from recyclable raw materials. The products themselves can be recycled at the end of their lives.
In total, that allows a 110% reduction of CO2 consumption. In fact, "So Green by CVP" products have a positive environmental impact amounting to 32.50g CO2 per bottle. That's a difference of 327g of CO2 compared to the old bottle. (Bottle - 1L 65g)
Existing designs allow the product to be launched immediately on the market for products facilitating sustainable development.
Good Practice award: Avnir Eco-Conception competition , 2012.
Good Practice award: Trophées de l’Economie Responsable, rated "Gold".
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- For 1000 1L 65g bottles in the "So Green by CVP" range, the company will make a profit of €2.30 in 2014, €4.75 in 2015 and €6.50 in 2016, according to carbon tax projections.
- This range allows the company to enter the market for environmentally-friendly products.
- Saving of 32.50g of CO2 per product (on a 1L 65g bottle)
- Move from a negative carbon footprint to a positive one
- Packaging products that are 100% recyclable at the end of their lives.