ECOVER is a pioneer company in the production of ecological detergents and cleaners. Worried to develop its products in an environmental perspective, the company seeks to innovate in solutions that are more sustainable, environmentally friendly, and efficient.
ECOVER proposes the most sustainable packaging on the market : Bag in Box
- Promote a new refillable, practical and economical packaging.
- Reduce the amount of packaging and their environmental impact
The packaging “bag-in box" is a 15L bag in a recycled cardboard box. This refill system allows the consumer to fill his empty bottle in the store. It is distributed in the organic food shops and hardware stores.
This new packaging satisfies a balance between the three elements of sustainable development:
- Economical: it reduces logistics costs and transportation. The storage facility allows for the optimization of the number of cartons per pallet and a reduction in the storage area.
- Social: a practical solution for the store manager and the customer in terms of weight, strength and cleanliness, and again, the product is cheaper.
- Environmental: 15L Ecover refills are made from 85% recycled cardboard, and a flexible plastic pouch. Once the refill is empty, the two materials are flattened and are deposited in the appropriate selective sorting bins. The choice of materials has led to a 50% reduction of packaging weight compared to a can of 25L today. This system also helps reduce packaging at the source by reusing plastic bottles that are now disposable.
This system exists in 15L packaging as a refill system for 5 ECOVER references. The bag-in-box has also been developed using 5L laundry detergent to work with the current plastic container.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Increase a pioneer positioning on the market.
- Propose a sustainable and innovative alternative to traditional products.
- Reduction of the plastic used by 50% compared to the current 25L can.
- Decrease in CO2 emissions for the manufacturing and transportation.
- Reduction of the waste at the source and for the consumer.
- Education of the consumer with regards to ecology by proposing a « gesture for the environment ».