Yaris production site in Onnaing ((ç-Farnce) is considering environment preservation as a major strategic development axis. In production terms, this involves saving natural resources and reducing the activities’ impact on the environment.TMMF site was made smartly compact in order to limit its needs in energy resources.
Reduce the plant’s energy needs.
TMMF ENERGY SOURCES
TMMF chose to resort to 2 forms of energy:
- natural gas for heating buildings and production heat chambers
- electricity for artificial lighting and other production equipment
Choices were made and measures taken in order to limit polluting emissions and using fuels with a calorific power higher than fuel oil.
AVOID USELESS CONSUMPTION
Measures taken by TMMF to use energy in a reasonable way include smart investment choices but also smart everyday gestures such as:
- Choosing insulated materials for buildings
- Installing daytime light saving devices
- Using preventive consumption calculation through a close monitoring by category (heating, venting, lighting)
- closely monitoring all possible deviation in order to swiftly implement countermeasures
EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN RENEWABLE ENERGIES
TMMF experimentally installed a 1020sqm photo-cell membrane, integrating it to the roof at the occasion of a logistics building extension in August 2008. This technology allows to save 2,5tons of CO2 per year. In July 2010, TMMF installed a 400sqm solar wall on one sidewall of the Press shop. The purpose of this solar wall is to pre-heat in-coming outside air under sunrays in order to reduce the energy consumed for heating the building. This should allow to save 25% one one heating unit for this building, ie 18.4 tons of CO2 per year.
Best Practice selected in 2010 by Réseau Alliances and updated in 2012 for its evolution.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Reducing energy costs
- Reducing TMMF carbon impact
- Energy consumption already reduced by 27% since 2002