Founded in 2004, Gesnord is a call-center platform for health-care professionals. Thanks to its engagement in the Functional and Cooperative Economy, Gesnord has transformed from a center for managing calls to a structure offering solutions to the problem of insufficient medical presence in certain areas of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais. The CSR approach emerged thanks to the concept of “ global performance“.
GESNORD innovates to provide solutions to lack of doctors in disadvantages areas
- Engage in CSR to develop activities in a more efficient and sustainable manner.
- Proposer a complete range of services to facilitate the job of doctors, while ensuring access and quality of care to patients.
- Propose a considerable competitive advantage by integrating the factor of well-being.
- Resolve the problem of not enough doctors in certain areas and guarantee the quality of professional life of doctors.
Gesnord offers a qualitative service that goes beyond the simple functions of a call center thanks to its social involvement with stakeholders and the valorization of territories. The company seeks to render its territories more attractive by offering services for doctors to incite them to establish a presence in areas without sufficient medical care.
The well-being of doctors is an important issue in the Nord-Pas de Calais, where many areas lack sufficient numbers of doctors and where doctors have a high rate of burnout, stroke and suicide.
Beyond handling calls for doctors, Gesnord seeks to establish a good work/life balance. For example, if a doctor accepts to be on call for a night, he/she will be liberated at 6:30 p.m. for the rest of the week, thus ensuring optimal quality of professional life.
The collaborative work with the stakeholders provides a better balance between personal and professional life. Furthermore, improving working conditions and the motivation of employees help ensure the sustainability of the company’s activity as well as the well-being of company doctors.
Lastly, to ensure the territorial anchoring that Gesnord seeks to promote, analysis of a medical database has been implemented. This project is under development and will involve the territorial authorities. For now, the company is testing its “flow management” solution and the improvement of working conditions at generalist and specialist doctors' offices and will use the feedback from the tests to refine its processes.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Positive net income since 2012 despite investments made.
- Competitive advantage in terms of recruitment and customers.
- Some 250 customer doctors' offices, covering all medical specializations.
- Improvement in well-being of doctors and their families.
- Improvement of services provided to customers.
- Improvement of working conditions: reduction in turnover by 5.5 percentage points in 2012 and absenteeism by 4.6 points in 2014.
- Capacity of the company to anticipate a lack of doctors in an area.