Global Electric Transportation is an innovative mobility solution company founded in 2013 in Philippines by Freddie Tinga, ex mayor and member of the congress. The company aims to provide a complete transportation ecosystem designed to deliver sustainable, comprehensive and integrated mobility solutions. GET provides proprietary electric vehicle technology, an in-house dispatch and vehicle management system, and a comprehensive business model which allows for practical and economically viable public and private fleet operations.
GLOBAL ELECTRIC TRANSPORT (GET) : The vehicle of change in the Philippines
- Recuce pollution
- Improve working conditions for drivers and living conditions for the local populations
- Create employment
GET offers the drivers of the city of Manila the means to replace their old Diesel vehicles (jeep Narayan), while improving their working conditions and salary.
Different elements are put in place :
Advanced and innovative car design to develop a fully-electric city shuttle (Comet) that is adapted to the local conditions and climate: 20 fully electric vehicles with a capacity of 18 seats are bult in 2013.
Centralized fleet management : for additional vehicles, a GET command center, manned by trained agents, is in charge of tracking vehicle performance, deploying the vehicles to where they are needed and communicating with the drivers for standard safety and operational procedures.
Proprietary cashless fare system for the users (TITO) : GET implements a reloadable contact payment card, made for the COMET (transportation network). The end-users just need to reload their cards at authorized load centers/agents and they can tap in when they enter the COMET and tap out when they exit so their fare can be deducted accordingly.
Route planning and designated infrastructure : GET studies routes carefully to ensure that their service areas are strategic and beneficial to a broader rider base. They designated the necessary infrastructure to put order in the streets and provide safety and convenience for the passengers as well as the drivers.
Best Practice spotted in 2014 by the World Forum for a Sustainable Economy.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Growth in revenue/sales (100 cars sold in oct 2013, 200in order, 25 000vehicles need replacement in Manila)
- Profitability and productivity gains
- Recognition by the public opinion (Obama’s visit)
- Solar power in 2017
- Internationalization: GET is planning to expand outside the Philippines (Indonesia)
• Social benefits :
- Promote local employment: benefits and bonuses: dignity
- Financing program for owners to replace their cars: less maintenance
- Better transportation facilities for their everyday life: customer experience: safety
• Environmental benefits :
- Less pollution 22t/CO2 /year saved for each replaced vehicle
- Solar power in 2017