A family-owned company founded 60 years ago, Indelec offers lightning protection systems and services to professionals, municipalities and industrial clients. Leader on its French market, the company exports 75% of its production around the world, notably in the South. Since 2007, Indelec has worked with its employees to develop its CSR policy and has led numerous actions to maintain a low environmental impact.
- Limit the environmental impact of the company’s activity.
Since 2007, Indelec has developed a CSR policy with all its employees: constructive social dialogue and training, reduction of wastes and packaging, involvement in education, creation of the association FairPlanet to develop societal projects in the countries in which Indelec is active.
Indelec has taken a number of concrete actions in favor of the environment. It stopped using petroleum-based products in its packaging, replacing them with polystyrene and Flo-Packs to hold the products with 100% recycled paper. It also constructed a building labeled a Low Consumption Building (LCB) for one of its subsidiaries.
In terms of biodiversity, Indelec has installed bee hives from the company BEE CITY for the benefit of its employees who are members of FairPlanet. If they wish, the employees can be involved in the production process and be among the first to benefit from the honey produced.
One of the pillars of Indelec’s CSR action is to provide employees with support and accompaniment from directors. This is based on the involvement and the initiatives of the employees themselves. The different departments of the company are mobilized to share ideas, experiences and initiatives in order to advance the company’s CSR approach.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Contribution à l’amélioration des résultats par la baisse des coûts de production et la valorisation des déchets.
- Baisse de la consommation énergétique (électricité, gaz) et réduction de la facture.
- Le bâtiment labellisé BBC créé pour une des filiales d’installation travaux a un niveau de performance énergétique de 52 KWh/m²/an.
- Baisse de la production de déchets :
- Palettes : 2012 : 1.7 tonnes ; 2013 : 0.9 tonnes
- Papiers/cartons : 2012 : 9.3 tonnes ; 2013 : 7.66 tonnes
- Sensibilisation des salariés et de leur entourage sur l’importance de préserver l’environnement et la biodiversité.