Founded in 1987, PLAGE is the pioneer of decorative wall stickers. The strong involvement of the manager in CSR has led the company to establish an action plan for Sustainable Development from 2005 to 2010.
- Eliminate all non-renewable raw materials from packaging and products.
- Optimize consumption.
In order to get 100% recyclable packaging, PVC is replaced by cardboard. The PVC tubes were manufactured in Germany. Since 2007, the new packaging made of recycled cardboard comes from the north of France: it makes for significant environmental and financial savings. Glues and inks are solvent-free. They have created infinitely repositionable stickers thanks to the stick-on/stick-off process. In 2009, with a responsible buying policy, less than 15% of their products were purchased in Asia and the producers are supervised at all times to check the implementation of European standards. Finally, a person dedicated to eco-design was hired.
The goal for the end of 2010 is to have all products sold be 100% bio-sourced.
The premises were eco-designed and have been moved from Blaringhem to Wasquehal to be closer to the employees. Result: reduced transport costs and lower CO2 emissions. As for fleet vehicles, they have been chosen for their environmental effectiveness. All waste is minimized as much as possible and sorting is done. A compactor has been installed on site: it generates a savings of 5400 Euros per year.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- By the choice of packaging cardboard gains estimated at euros 50 000 in 2007 and euros 60 000 in 2008.
- CSR has fostered more open-minded employees and the acquisition of new skills and new ways of working.
- From 2006 to 2009: the number increased from 26 to 75 employees
- More than 40 jobs in protected workshops.
- Reduction of CO2 emissions.
- 51 tons of PVC saved.