Manufacturer of ecovelopes®, envelopes for automatic insertion which respect the environment, for the past 15 years POCHECO has implemented a strategy of sustainable development and differentiation.
POCHECO invests in Ecolonomies : to work economically, work ecologically !
The activity and the strategy of POCHECO are guided by 3 « ecolonomic » principles:
- Reduce environmental impact
- Improve working conditions
- Improve productivity
The company is constantly developing its products, its process and its site and also diversifying its main activity.
Paper from sustainable managed forests, unbleached and lighter weight
Water based, solvent free ink and glue
Improved transport and packaging
Energy from the machines is used to heat the factory
Process water is cleaned naturally on site by bamboo
Use of rainwater in industrial process
Ecorenovation of an industrial site built in 1850
Beehives on a green roof
Natural air conditioning
Collection and use of rainwater
Communication by internet is a very real threat to the envelope. POCHECO wishes to guarantee the durability of the company by diversifying its main activity and thereby continuing to offer employment to its 114 employees :
- Pocheco Canopée Reforestation: Association for reforestation of the Northern Region of France. (7000 trees planted since 2009).
- Pocheco Canopée Conseil: Consulting in « ecolonomical » techniques
- Pocheco Hybride Mailing: Postal sorting
Pocheco is a company, which prioritizes the well-being of each person for the benefit of the team. Recruitment from all walks of life, internal communication, training, distribution of the profits
Best Practice awarded in 2011 by Réseau Alliances and updated in 2012 to reflect its evolution.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Profits : 5% for the past 3 years
- Reduced costs thanks to constant research regarding raw materials (boxes, pallets, plastic film, waste, energy …)
It is pleasant to work at Pocheco:
Comfortable and modern premises
Receptive to sport and art
Stable staff turnover – 2%
Energy consumption :
Electricity : - 21% over 3 years
Gas : - Elimination
CO2 : - 7% over 1 year