Wood from Brazil currently represents 80% of global trade, compared with 14% in 1988. The very fact of over-exploiting amazonian forest caused 1/5 of its area to vanish.
PRECIOUS WOODS manages Amazonian Forests in a sustainable way
Biodiversity and sustainable resource management
- Managing forests in a sustainable way.
- Playing a role in the reforestation of abandoned pastureland.
- Selling FSC certified wood.
Precious Woods developed a Forest Management Scheme that preserves the forests’ life cycle.
- Species are selected, 1 tree out of 2 is cut down per hectare every 25 years (this is the period the forest needs to regenerate),
- Biological areas and corridors are preserved,
- Abandoned or degraded pastureland is reforested.
The company is also committed to improving the working conditions and well-being of the employees and their families.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- The company got the FSC label that attests to sustainable management and quality according to international buyers- There is a growth in sales.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 851,385 tons
- Regenerating the degraded eco-system thanks to pastureland reforestation.