Activities performed by the Caisse d'Epargne Nord France Europe (CENFE) generate a considerable number of trips: commuting, professional travel, supplier deliveries, etc. These trips account for a significant proportion of greenhouse gas emissions produced by CENFE and, as a result, constitute an essential lever for mitigating environmental impacts. In response, CENFE has implemented a corporate mobility plan that, in May 2011, was awarded the ADEME label as an effective energy conservation measure.
The CAISSE D’EPARGNE NORD FRANCE EUROPE implements a Corporate mobility plan
- Limit the number of kilometers traveled through a set of optimization actions;
- Promote transportation modes resulting in less greenhouse gas emissions (e.g. clean vehicles, eco-driving practices, use of public transit services).
Subsequent to a diagnostic assessment conducted among all personnel regarding both professional travel and commute trips, a corporate mobility plan was introduced; its scope of action encompasses a number of logistical and behavioral levers:
Concerning commute trips, CENFE proposes adopting alternative solutions focused on limiting the use of private passenger cars:
- Partial reimbursement of employees' outlay to use public transit services;
- Promotion of bicycle commuting (creation of secure bike parking stations, dissemination of a "cycling kit", availability of a bicycle storage room);
- Financial incentives for the purchase of cleaner personal cars;
- A dedicated carpooling Intranet site (www.lecureuilroulemalin.fr) for employees (with fuel consumption potentially lowered by half or two-thirds).
For similar reasons and within the scope of a cost control policy, CENFE is also seeking to scale back professional travel:
- Preference assigned, whenever possible, to the use of video and audio conferencing;
- Training sessions in eco-driving practices;
- Availability of a "V'Lille" bicycle rental station;
- Enhanced environmental performance of the company's vehicle fleet.
Best Practice selected by World Forum Lille in 2010 and updated in 2012 for its evolution.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Reducing of costs relative to vehicle fleet (streamlining, optimization of the park,...)
- Reduced travel costs (promotion of public transportation, remote meetings,...)
- Improving of the image and of the positioning of responsible corporation.
- Improved safety and working conditions
- Saves time for employees
- 7 former service vehicles replaced by vehicles emitting less than 100 grams of CO2 per km.