API RESTAURATION involves its guests in CSR and sustainable food
6. Clients and consumers
API Restauration is a mass catering company founded in 1956. Today, it owns 34 central kitchens, more than 1,000 restaurants and 35 regional offices in France and Belgium.
- To educate guests about CSR issues for mass catering.
- To teach guests to be more sustainable in their food consumption
Development of a sustainable development activity calendar for the full year, adapted to every age: Sustainable Development Week, European Week for Waste Reduction... Each month, some activies on sustainable development are organized in the restaurants. Activities with placemats: “10 moves for your diet” and “Calculate the carbon footprint of your meal” to encourage guests to improve their eating habits. Showcasing local producers during the Sustainable Development Week: an invitation to meet the guests, to show them their products and to raise awareness about the issues in local agriculture. Communication on out of season products that are banned from restaurants “Forum API Planète”: a conference aiming at stakeholders (customers, schools, parents, town councils...) on sustainable development, the issues related to food and more specifically to responsible mass catering.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Reinforced partnership relationships with the customers, on the theme of sustainable development
- Innovation in the sector of mass catering
- Raising the stakeholders' awareness about the different issues of sustainable development in catering