Castorama has guided its customers in renovation, comfort improvement, and their home enhancement since 1969. As part of this, energy improvement and reduction of home impact on environment are strong values in Kingfisher’s strategic plan « Better Homes, Better Lives ». The access to energy renovation is an obvious and natural stake for Castorama at commercial and economical levels.
- Make reachable energy renovation works through development of products, services and financing solutions that enable our customers to save energy while reducing their works costs.
- Create customers’ loyalty to the company.
For example, the « Prime-énergy Casto (Castorama’s energy bonus) », launched in mid-2013, enables their customers to reduce the cost of their energy renovation works made by a professional.
In addition to tax reduction such as VAT and the sustainable development tax credit, our customers could benefit from more than 2000 € as bonuses through the gift card thanks to their insulation, ventilation, heating works or renewable energy installation.
These measures comply with the government’s energy policy, which aims at encouraging private individuals to save energy.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Several thousands of projects in 6 months.
- Several hundreds of euros of attributable bonuses.
- Accumulated and saved energy : several thousands of Mwh
- Example of bonus for insulation works : for the insulation of 150 sqm of loft space, works will cost around 2420€ (materials+fitting). Financial advantages (energy bonus + reduced VAT + tax credit) amount to 1366€ i.e 56% of savings. Works cost : 1054€
In this example, electric heating charges after works will be reduced by 580€ per year.