Clayrton's, a family-run company founded in Roubaix in 1968, specializing in packaging and decoration accessories for florists, has expanded its activity to festive decoration, gift wrapping and shops. Since 2007, Clayrton's has been committed to an environmental, social and societal approach. As its small florist customers are often struggling to compete with the competition, Clayrton's developed an Environmentally Responsible Label for florists in 2012.
CLAYRTON'S created an environmentally responsible label to encourage florists to initiate a sustainable development approach
6. Clients and consumers
• Displaying a positive environmental and social track record behind the bouquet which the consumer buys in store.
• Showcasing responsible florists and rewarding their loyalty.
Observation: small florists are struggling against the competition of large florists.
The Environmentally Responsible Florist label is built on the criteria of environmental, social and societal qualities, grouped around 30 commitments and 6 challenges: quality of the florist, responsible purchasing, energy consumption, water consumption, waste management, community involvement.
Clayrton's is the creator of this Label but the certification is issued by an independent organization: OCACIA.
The label rewards commitment to progress over time and in a progressive manner.
There is a fee for the certification and Clayrton's pays 50% of the cost.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
• Revenue + 26% since 2007
• 16 artisan florists have been certified with the label to date.
• Satisfaction rate of florist customers: 96%
• Communication of certified florists on their environmental commitment
• Support for artisan florists
• Raising the awareness of the florists and their customers on the challenges of sustainable development