Founded in Amsterdam over 150 years ago, HEINEKEN now has an operation in France employing 1,300 with three breweries in Mons-en-Barœul (department 59), Marseille (13) and Schiltigheim (67). The Group's Mons-en-Barœul brewery is its largest operating in France, in terms of output and jobs. In 2009, HEINEKEN became France's first brewer to publish a Sustainable Development report, in focusing on its "Brewing a Better World!" approach, i.e. protect water resources, reduce CO2 emissions, practice responsible procurement, promote responsible alcohol consumption, provide for employee health and safety, and commit to joint action.
HEINEKEN promotes responsible alcohol consumption
6. Clients and consumers
Client and consumer health and safety
- Inform employees about the risks of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Promote responsible alcohol use.
Alcohol is a product like none other. It provides a source of pleasure and friendly gatherings. Yet HEINEKEN is keenly aware of the health and safety risks incurred when consumption turns excessive. For this reason, HEINEKEN France pays special attention to alcohol prevention efforts. The "Cool At Work" program:- Promote prevention and responsible consumption among all members of HEINEKEN France's workforce.- Designed and coordinated by 20 employees. Since 2009, this group has been composed of volunteers working to:
- plan and implement actions across all company sites,
- build employee awareness and improve corresponding behaviors.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- In 2013, a total of 871 individuals attended awareness and training sessions, accounting for 2,232 hours of instruction offered.
- Since 2009, 100% of managers have been trained and 80% of employees have attended awareness sessions, i.e. reaching nearly 4,000 individuals.
- In 2014, 31 members of the Mons-en-Barœul brewery staff attended a 2-hour prevention training course on Responsible Alcohol Consumption.
- 0% of all analyzed workplace accidents with lost time pointed to alcohol as the cause.
- 100% of events organized by HEINEKEN are overseen by a prevention program.