Created in 2012, Bayani Brew is a Filipino social enterprise which produces sugary drinks using only local and organic ingredients. These ingredients come from farming communities such as the enchanted farm Gawad Kalinga, who commits in learning, creativity, and innovation to improve the lives of the Filipino farmers.
A magic potion to empower farming communities in Philippines with BAYANI BREW
7. Community involvement
- To make subsistence farmers' hand-to-mouth existence a thing of the past
- Increasing by 500% farmers’ incomes within the next 5 years.
- To create a sustainable model duplicable all around the world.
- Collaboration with the Center For Social Innovation (CSI) of Gawad Kalinga (incubator)
- Choice of the relevant positioning (local premium product)
- Identification of farmers’ communities matching the project and collaboration with 5 cooperatives
- Development of the value chain and creation of jobs all along this value chain
- Take care that the products are properly distributed in shops (merchandising issues etc)
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- 60,000 bottles sold per month
- 1.5 million bottles sold since activity started
- Bottles made out of organic materials; 100% of the materials come from the Philippines’, thus fostering local initiatives and businesses and involving local communities ; biodegradable labels.
- Increased farmers’ income and safety at work (insurances)
- Profits reinvested in scholarship funds for the producers’ communities