The CAISSE D’EPARGNE provides an added value to their traditional banking activities with an educational dimension. They created and supported since 1957 the association “Finances et Pédagogies” and CAISSE D’EPARGNE NORD FRANCE EUROPE finances its activity in the Nord Pas-de-Calais region.
CAISSE D’EPARGNE NORD FRANCE EUROPE introduces a tool to better manage one’s spending habits - Finances and Instruction
6. Clients and consumers
- Provide citizens with large scale information related to money in life.
- Run collective educational actions for the benefit of all people and especially vulnerable populations.
Themes related to family budget control, relationship with money and consumerism, access and use of banking services and products, use of credit. These learned habits are essential in a society which excludes the most vulnerable ones.
In order to do these actions, Finances & Pédagogie created partnerships in the territory, especially with associative and social networks employing social action professionals.
In Nord Pas-de-Calais the two coordinators of Finances & Pédagogie initiate partnerships. They intervene for example with people being trained (future advisors in family and social economics or social counselors), on insertion courses (shelters for young workers, insertion associations, local resource centers) or for people guided by social action professionals (CCAS, community centers or volunteers (Secours Catholique…)
The approach is complemented by the organization of workshops focusing on retail banking products and services by the Finances & Pédagogie association as well as by including as part of the employee training programs offered in the catalogue a module on vulnerable clients.
In 2011, two reference guides were published:
• "Day-to-day banking services": guide addressed to consumers containing a considerable amount of practical information and banking-related tips;
• "The ABC's, as in Argent, Budget, Consommation (or Money, Budget and Consumption)": instructional support intended for networks devoted to workforce integration and social services.
Best Practice selected by World Forum Lille in 2010 and updated in 2012 for its evolution.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Important contribution to CAISSE D’EPARGNE CSR in coherence with its identity and its original educational values
- 2,760 individual cases were handled
- Almost 8,000 hours of training offered
- 23 regional correspondents
- Over 1,000 partners established