GDF SUEZ initiates a campaign with the french education ministry to promote the "I'm learning about energy" program
7. Community involvement
"I'm learning about Energy" is a 100% complimentary tool designed to facilitate instruction and education on the topic; it combines a dedicated Website with interactive features for the purpose of acquiring, testing and expanding knowledge on renewable energies. Besides building user awareness of today's energy-related challenges, its aim is to provide a support for teachers in their training sessions focusing on energy, through accompanying their preparation of courses on the following subjects: sustainable development; energy needs, consumption and savings; electricity and gas distribution networks; and electricity safety and production.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Improved relations with stakeholders
- Transmission of energy-related knowledge held by GDF Suez to the general public
- Gaining perspective on energy challenges currently faced and thus developing a better understanding of the activity in-house.
- Awareness-building, information, accountability on the topics of energy and sustainable development
- Implementation of best practices and exposure of a young audience to environmental issues.