Heineken is the first international beer company, sold in more than 170 countries, is also the first European brand. It is a renowned brand across the world that is also implicated on a national level. For example, 94% of its beer sold in France is made on French soil. Moreover, 100% of their barley is bought in France. Finally, Heineken was able to adapt its recipe in order to integrate hops from the Alsace region.
HEINEKEN AND ITS ATTACHMENT TO LOCAL AREAS
7. Community involvement
- Consolidate their national roots
- Contribute to supporting local economy
- Expand their distribution network
- Creation of an ecological neighborhood in Schiltigheim
Due to the closing of large cafes, hotels, restaurants situated in rural areas or in the outskirts of cities, Heineken guarantees investments through financial institutions in order to support their development.
Additionally, as a result of the merging of two bars in Schiltigheim (Fisher and Brasserie de l’esperance), Heineken is collaborating with the city hall and architects to create an eco neighborhood and sustain a livelihood around these sites with the creation of cafes, restaurants and shops.
Finally, Heineken is involved in bringing awareness to responsible consumption. This French leader oversees that the pleasure of consuming beer does not become dangerous through multiple marketing awareness campaigns.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- More than 7000 cafe-hotel-restaurants have received Heineken allocations
- 91% of Heineken purchases come from France
- Keep small businesses in rural zones and the periphery of cities , to allow keeping social links
- Local and national investment, recognized by citizens
- Decrease in greenhouse gas emissions by prioritizing local goods consumption