SME established in the 1950s, Lesage & Fils is a quality meat wholesale family company. In 2011, the management wondered about the sustainability of its economic model and committed itself to a CSR approach through its “Charte de Progrès pour le Développement Durable” (literally, Charter of Progress for Sustainable Development). Out of passion for its trade, Lesage & Fils notably wishes to pass on its heritage and expertise in order to restore the image of this industrial sector.
LESAGE & FILS enhances the image of the butcher’s trade thanks to local actions
7. Community involvement
- Enhance the image of the butcher’s trade
- Give rise to vocations to young people
The company implements a communication approach on its trades with the Maison de l’Emploi PMC (Pévèle Mélantois Carembault).
In particular, it creates various local actions and partnerships such as:
- The free supplying of regional learning centres with carcasses to enable the apprentices to train themselves;
- The implementation of a HR group at Pôle Emploi for the creation of a reference system for the butcher’s trade;
- Visits organised every month for teachers and head teachers to attract young people towards this trade, with the participation of the FACE private foundation;
- The organisation of trades discovery days where the various trades of the sector are presented to the various targets interested (teachers, recruiters…), within the framework of its approach with ONISEP.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- The company’s image
- Increase in the recruitment potential
- Passing on of the knowledge and expertise regarding the trade
- Creation of links between the company and the schools, the territory…