Founded in 1994, Pymwymic (Put Your Money Where Your Mouth/Meaning! Is Community), is a funding platform which defines itself as "a community of families, philanthropists and investors" involved in the construction of a more balanced economy. Launched in Amsterdam to support each year 10 companies that have a positive impact on the planet and on the society, the company now extends in Northern Europe with its 11 employees, 4 members of the Board of Directors and 5 persons in the Advisory Committee
PYMWYMIC, a communitarian ethics financing platform
7. Community involvement
- Being leader in ethic investments, intermediate between entrepreneurs and potential investors; attracting investors toparticipate in projects for the community
- Sensitizing the general public
- Commit to a more balanced economy
The Community approach is a bottom-up approach :
- Review of 300 companies per year,
- Selection of 10 projects according to pre-established criteria
- Establisharelationship between the investors (350 regular, 1000 casual) and the companies or contractors who have a project that will impact that joins the values of investors.
The Pymwymic approach is halfway between philanthropy and the pure profit investment which requires:
- Long term investments
- A balance between projects that are lucrative and those who bring no return on investment
To organize all these projects the community relies on a team of 11 people.
Best Practice spotted in 2014 by the World Forum for a Responsible Economy.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- The objective is not to make financial profits, but to allow the community to maintain its activity
- Growth : 45 businesses were assisted and thousands of investors in 20 years of activity
- Support ofsocially and/or environmentally responsible businesses