With 102 stores and 12,600 employees, Castorama helps its customers for home improvement for more than 45 years. Environmental issues are part of the strategy. Castorama has increased eco products in the ranges to help customers to save energy and water, have a healthy home and preserve forests.
- Become the leader on home improvement integrating sustainable markets by making eco products easier and affordable
- Contribute to Net Positive and Better Homes, Better Lives Kingfisher program
Castorama developed eco products in several areas. Some examples:
- Paints: 95% of interior paints have the A+ label (very low VOC emissions)
- Bathroom: 100% of our shower heads integrate a water saving system
- Electrical heating: 70% of our ranges have an eco function (programming /regulating)
- Garden furniture, flooring and shelves: 100% come from well managed forests.
To strengthen its action, Castorama made up a workshop on eco product issues, to co-building with its teams and external experts. Castorama is working on:
- Commitments in our ranges
- Implication in the mid and long term.
Best Practice awarded by the World Forum Lille in 2013 and updated in 2014.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Eco products turnover went from 14% in 2010 to 22% en 2014.
- Energy saving realised with sales of eco products on 1 year correspond to the equivalent of 26,000 energy efficient homes.