YES BANK India is a new age private sector bank in India. Founded by Rana Kapoor with a goal to set up a high quality, customer centric, service driven private sector Indian bank that would cater to the "Future Industries of India". It is also the only bank that has been awarded Greenfield license by the Reserve Bank of India in the past 14 years. The bank offers a range of financial products and services to its clients, which include Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Banking, Business and Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, Retail and Wealth Management etc.
YES BANK : when financial solutions help solve social problems
7. Community involvement
- To find business solutions to social problems by offering specific services within areas of Microfinance and Financial Inclusion Banking;, Agribusiness, Rural and Social Banking, Private Equity Group, and Sustainable Investment Banking.
Microfinance : YES BANK creates equal financial opportunities and enables financial inclusion. Their strategy is to provide easy access to suitable financial products and services to un-banked/under-banked, low-income communities across urban and rural India.Agribusiness, rural & Social banking (ARSB) develops innovative financial models, which leverage the outreach of various stakeholders in agri value chain, to overcome the ‘last mile challenges’ in the agri and rural sector. It also works closely with insurance and re-insurance companies to facilitate the development and distribution of need-based insurance products for the agri sector.
Private Equity Group manages a Socially Responsible Equity Investment Program with a mandate to support emerging growth enterprises operating in sustainability focused and financially inclusive sectors. Target sectors include Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency & Clean Technology; Waste Management, Water & Sanitation; Affordable Housing; Food & Agribusiness; Education & Livelihood Creation and Healthcare. In addition, YES BANK is the India investment advisor to Global Environment Fund.
Sustainable Investment Banking (SIB) fills the financial advisory gap that exists in the high potential environmental and social impact businesses by providing the entire gamut of investment banking services such as Capital Raising, M&A, Restructuring, JV Advisory and Technology Transfer/International Collaboration. SIB focuses on:
- Social Impact enterprises engaged in Livelihood Creation, Education, Healthcare, Food & Agriculture, Housing & Utilities,
- Clean Technologies & Clean Enterprises including Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Clean Transportation, Water & Environment and Distributed Energy.
In addition, SIB also focuses on the specific needs of SMEs across sectors.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Impressive growth: recognized amongst the Top and the Fastest Growing Banks, and has received national and international honours.
- Differentiating itself in the marketplace by mainstreaming environmental and social issues strategically as an integral dimension of business.
- Social entrepreneurship and microcredit which helps those outside the reach of normal financial help.