Orange is one of the main telecommunications operators as it serves 250 million customers around the world. The CSR is deeply embedded in the culture and the history of the company. Orange has been built on founding values guiding their principles of action regarding all its stakeholders. In the Hauts-de-France Region, Orange Nord de France supports sandwich course and apprenticeship.
Orange Nord de France embarks upon sandwich course and trains its apprentices to jobs in digital technology
7. Community involvement
- To train young people and improve their skills so as to be able to hire them
- To reduce the recruitment costs of executives
- To develop its level of integration in the territory
Orange Nord de France is the 1st employer in the digital sector over the territory, counting around 5,500 employees.
The company applies an assertive policy regarding apprenticeship and sandwich course
- About fifty partnering establishments: Grandes Ecoles, Sales/Technical Training Centers, apprentice training centers…
- 300 sandwich course students per year supervised by as much tutors
- 50% recruitment of former sandwich course students (2015 intergenerational agreement)
- Support to the creation of sandwich course training: center Actif Valenciennes (training center specialized in business, IT, safety electronics…), AFPA Hazebrouck (professional training association for adults)…
- From the 2015-2016 school start, creation of a class of 11 young girls: a technical branch in a work/study program, in partnership with Pôle Emploi (the French employment center) and the Baggio High school of Lille
Orange implemented a system of skill patronage making it possible to send senior employees on assignment, to benefit associations that work in the commitment of solidarity, academic support and disabled people.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Reduction of recruitment costs for 1 sandwich course student out of 2 is then recruited
- Orange favors the well-being at work, authorizing skill patronage (link well-being at work)
- 50 employees have been concerned by skill patronage since 2014
- Development of jobs in the digital sector for female employees