In keeping with its societal commitment and social responsibility, the GDF SUEZ Group has for 30 years been implementing actions aimed at guaranteeing equal opportunity, preventing discrimination and promoting Diversity. After France's 2005 signing of the diversity charter, the Group undertook in 2010 a certification campaign and was compensated in 2012 by receiving the Diversity Label.
GDF SUEZ awarded the Diversity Label
2. Human Rights
Diversity, equal opportunity, and fighting discrimination
- Consolidating and strengthening the Group's corporate culture,
- Championing and promoting equal opportunity and treatment
- Reviewing certain processes, with emphasis on the field of Human Resources.
The diversity label is awarded according to a protocol guided by national agreement reached among professional partners striving to enhance Diversity in the workplace; this agreement was signed in France on October 12th, 2006 and officially issued by the Ministry of the Interior.
The specifications adopted for award of this label encompass 5 areas:
- assessment of the current status of Diversity throughout the Group;
- definition or eventually revised definition and implementation of Diversity policy;
- internal communication, awareness-building and training;
- incorporation of Diversity goals within Group activities;
- evaluation and areas of improvement relative to achieving Diversity.
In 2010, the Group undertook this approach and proceeded in a project-like manner by:
1) Appointing a Diversity coordinator responsible for the approach at the
2) Forming a Group Diversity steering committee;
3) Establishing a certification scope;
4) Holding meetings to present the approach to labor organizations;
5) Enhancing awareness among all individuals involved;
6) In each entity, providing a diagnosis regarding requirements inherent in
the Label's specifications (the 5 above fields) to ensure consistency of the ultimate
Action plans and remedial actions have given rise to writing and/or rewriting internal procedures consistent with the Label's specifications guidelines.
Since the end of 2011, over 100 Group employees have been interviewed by the AFNOR standards authority. In April 2012, pursuant to advice given by the labeling commission, which associates labor organizations, the French State, ANDRH (National Association of Human Resources Directors) and the AFNOR Certification body, GDF SUEZ was awarded the Diversity Label for a 4-year period with interim audits conducted every 18 months.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- 2012 Label award covering 42,000 employees, with active pursuit for all 108,000 Group employees in France
- Group recognition for its commitment reached with partners, clients, suppliers and staff.
- Improved dialogue with labor partners
- Stronger corporate culture based on the premise of equal opportunity and treatment
- Synergy with other diversity-related commitments across all Group entities, in particular at the international level.