Keolis Lille, a subsidiary of Keolis, operates the public transport in Lille. Its activity, in the heart of the city, naturally leads to sustainable development. The company is committed to environmental protection but also as a creator of social ties in employment and service to its passengers (170 million trips in 2013). Metro, tram, bus, and on-demand services in low density areas and for people with disabilities are part of the expertise of the company. Keolis Lille today has added another string to its bow, by proposing an innovative public bike service, V'Lille, which also promotes job creation and insertion.
KEOLIS LILLE develops V’LILLE by promoting integration and job creation
2. Human Rights
Diversity, equal opportunity, and fighting discrimination
- Develop the use of bicycles in the territory of Lille by increasing the use of bikes from 2.5% to 10% by 2020
- Offer an innovative self-service and long-term bike service
- Develop jobs in integration companie
V'Lille is a new supply for getting around differently in the territory of Lille. It offers two different and complementary services:
- Self-service bicycles available at stations located in the heart of the city. They are used for short trips from one station to another.
- Bicycles for long term rent, from one month up to one year for all daily trips.
With attractive low pricing, the service provides access to all. In 2014, there will be 8,000 long-term rented bicycles and 2000 self-service bicycles will be available. Electric and folding bikes will also be available for rent to meet the most diverse needs.
The bikes were designed and are assembled locally, in Lille by the firm B'Twin. To promote the integration of people outside the labor market, bike maintenance, regulation of the fleet of bicycles, and maintenance of the stations of self-service bicycles were given to Mobilille, an integration company and member the vitamin T group. Staff are recruited in priority in disadvantaged areasBest Practice selected by World Forum Lille in 2013 and updated in 2014
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Increased use of alternative modes of transport other than the private use of cars
- 98% of costumers are satified
- Development of a low-polluting mode of transport and low emitter of greenhouse gases
- In 2013, 4100 bikes and 210 stations available
- Job creation in the integration sector.
- 20 jobs created in 2011 in Mobilille.
- Service of alternative transport to the car that is complementary and pollutes little