LSDH (Laiterie de Saint-Denis-de-l’ Hôtel) is an independent company whose origins are in the dairy sector. Based in Orléans, the group is specialized in the processing and packaging of all kinds of aseptic and refrigerated liquid foods. In 2012, the company decides to take part in the creation of a multi-company childcare facility. The project, launched by People & Baby, in partnership with the agri-food company Mars and the "Communauté de Communes des Loges" (the Loges Community of Municipalities), is consistent with the group’s values: Enthusiasm, Ambition, Humanity.
LSDH takes part in the creation of a multi-company childcare facility
3. Labor relations / working conditions
- Helping out young parents thanks to a quality day-care facility near their workplace with a very flexible schedule
- Taking all CSR standards into account when building the project
The "Fée des Bulles" (Bubble fairy) nursery opened on October, the 1st with 30 places available. It takes care of children between the ages of 2 months and a half and 4, and is open from Monday to Friday between 7.30 A.M. and 7.30 P.M. LSDH has 4 cradles, and could have invested in more if the nursery’s opening hours, bound by regulation, had adapted to its employees’ non-standard working times (work in three shifts).
This HQE building is a modular structure made of solid wood manufactured and pre-equipped in France, conceived in terms of:
- eco-construction: integration of the building into its environment, wooden structure & frame, and waste management.
- eco-management: a 50 kWh/year/m² heat consumption commitment, use of renewable energy, a bioclimatic design, high thermal insulation, airtight shell of the building & networks, technical equipment studied to achieve the best possible performance.
- comfort: hygrothermical, visual comfort thanks to the building’s appearance, and acoustic comfort.
Environment, a central focus:
- when managing the nursery: a procurement policy based on excessive consumption / waste reduction ; wood always preferred over plastic when purchasing furniture and toys ; opting for cleaning products that have an eco-label ; using less disposable products ; implementation of waste sorting ; reducing the number of weekly deliveries thus reducing atmospheric pollution.
- when organizing activities: creation of a mini garden to help better understand nature and the seasons ; awareness-raising exercises for selective recycling.
50 % of the food served every day to the children by this "Organic nursery" is certified "AOC organic farming" and "Label Rouge" (fruit or carbohydrate complement, vegetable, dairy product, meat).
The parents pay the same price they would for a municipal nursery.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Four rooms dedicated for employees
- Less absenteeism
- Pride of belonging and employee recognition
- Exemplarity of the building
- Links between the firm and the political actors