Established at Wardrecques in the Pas-de-Calais region of France, Cartonneries de Gondardennes is a century-old family business specialized in the production of corrugated cardboard and corrugated base paper. With its 406 employees, the company is the second largest employer of the Audomarois area of France, after Arc International. The company aims, through internal measures as well as in cooperation with other entities, to encourage professional integration.
Professional integration and reintegration help with CARTONNERIES DE GONDARDENNES
2. Human Rights
Diversity, equal opportunity, and fighting discrimination
- Facilitate employees' skill set development and encourage continuous improvement.
- Accompany young people during graduate education.
For the last 10 years, les Cartonneries de Gondardennes has developed a partnership with the CFA (apprenticeship center) and the école de la 2ème chance school in St-Omer. These partnerships facilitate professional integration for young people in vocational schooling and also for those coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Training for tutors accompanying a trainee or an apprentice, so as to acquire the necessary skills for training young people.
New "OPACA 62" training course started on the initiative of CGW, in cooperation with the "Flandre, Audomarois, Côte d’Opale" training center.
- The course is designed for training future “paper/cardboard technicians”, and also enables unqualified but experienced technicians to obtain a diploma.
- 7 to 8 people per year follow this course.
Participation in employment forums.
Young people following the course are assisted in finding work by the HR manager:
- Job interview simulations to help them improve and have an easier time finding a job at the end of their course.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- By the end of the course, the apprentices are ready to be hired and already have both training and experience.
- The company receives funding from the “taxe d'apprentissage” (education tax paid by businesses to fund education).
- Around fifteen trainees and apprentices are hired every year and followed up on in the company
- From 2010 to 2014, 60 apprentices have been trained. 7 of them have been hired.
- In 2015, 14 new apprentices were trained and 2 more were hired.
- Six “seniors” have been hired since 2011, particularly in maintenance jobs.
- The trainees and apprentices have a 100% success rate on the diplomas they are preparing for.