ENTREPRISES ET CITES is an entrepreneurial network and service platform dedicated to companies in the Hauts-de-France region. Its campus brings together nearly 300 employees in a dozen structures and runs an influential network of more than 25 clubs and associations.
ENTREPRISES & CITES federates its teams around the Campus Vert
1. Organizational Governance
- Strengthen their links with the different structures around a participatory dynamic
- "Doing their part" in preserving the planet
With the support of the general management, voluntary representatives from all the structures on campus met in a working group to promote and disseminate an approach to reduce their environmental impact. The dynamic is called "Campus Vert".
Implementation and monitoring of a consumption dashboard with reduction targets (energy, consumables).
Cycle of workshops open to the entire campus. Each workshop is led in a participative manner by a member of the group and focuses on a theme with the help of an expert. So far, the themes have been the following:
- Recycling and waste management
- Saving energy
Global action plan: Concrete proposals for concrete actions applicable on campus, resulting from the workshops, have enriched an action plan. Each action is led by a volunteer. The actions are as follows:
Managing food leftovers // Organising a Campus Barter Day // Encouraging car sharing // Facilitating the use of bicycles // Encouraging responsible computing // Reflecting on the optimisation of energy // Mobilising teams // Creating a participatory vegetable garden
Creation of a graphic identity " Campus Vert + logo " Je m'engage ... " to identify the actions.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Savings on consumption bills
- Sense of belonging: teams are proud to work in a place that cares about its environment and to be able to contribute to it
- Visibility is given to actions already implemented since 2015 (beehives, solar water heaters, rainwater harvesting for sanitary facilities)
- Better communication between teams through cross-cutting activities, workshops and meetings
- Reduction of single-use plastic (-1950 bottles and -9000 cups/year) and provision of crockery + dishwasher + distribution of reusable eco-cups to all teams (341 Litres of water saved)
- 47% reduction in paper consumption (i.e. - 11.5 Tons CO2 eq). Waste paper is recovered and recycled by a local service provider who creates solidarity jobs
- Charging station installation for an electric car
- Lasting links are created between participants