The Essilor International Group (Varilux, CRYSALIS, Definity, Xperio), founded in 1972, designs, manufactures and sells eye-glasses in over 100 countries. At the service of all to "see the world better," Essilor contributes to sustainable development through its business. Alongside its economic success, the group has the means to monitor its social and environmental performance.
ESSILOR measures the performance of its sustainable development commitments
1. Organizational Governance
Strategy and organization
- encourage the inclusion of sustainable development by managers
- "see the world better" from tools to measure reliable / sustainable progress
- create transparent communication with stakeholders
Committed from the start on the values of respect and trust of people, the group first acted before communicating: quality management, environment, hygiene, health and safety, and more.
In late 2002, a Sustainable Development department became responsible for developing a group reporting tool of non-financial data which is as reliable as financial reporting. Data were collected and consolidated under the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) guidelines, extended beyond the national boundaries imposed by French law (NRE); production sites were invited to establish their own social and environmental analysis and the choice of consolidated indicators to follow that focuses on quality before quantity. The first sustainability report was published in 2004 for the year 2003 and then in 2007 for 2006. Each year, the "contributions to sustainable development" are included in the group’s reference documents along with financial data.
Since 2006, there has been an annual index of overall performance, on a scale from 0.7 to 1.40, measuring the contribution of 11 social and environmental indicators of the group as well as economic performance (eg, governance, training, environmental management, community involvemen, and purchasing and trade functions). An external agency, BMJ Rating, has developed the Global Value model, monitored and fed by extra-financial data provided by the financial managers of the group.
More information about the rating of Global Value BMJ Ratings on Essilor and its methodology: http://www.bmjratings.com/fr_entreprises_references_30_55_71.html
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Leading company for scoring "overall value" of the CSR contribution to economic performance (BMJ rating): 1.29 in 2011 on a scale from 0.7 to 1.40, growing steadily for 4 years.
- Reduced costs (energy, water)
- Employee motivation
- Image / clients of a responsible company
- Improving training and skills of employees
- Reduction of environmental impacts of products
- Better customer service
- Replicable practices, role in inter-company working groups