Neo-Eco Recycling is an environmental engineering company located in Haubourdin (Nord département) and employing 10 people. Created in 2008, this human-sized SME designs and produces processes for the management and recovery of various types of waste: green waste, mineral waste (rubble, deconstruction materials) and industrial waste. Neo-Eco is behind several autonomous entities forming an ecosystem of complementary companies (40 employees in total on the same site). This cluster of companies makes it possible to incorporate cooperation between the various entities in each project.
NEO-ECO RECYCLING develops inter-company cooperation and solidarity
1. Organizational Governance
Strategy and organization
- Be the shareholder of several companies and/or appoint managers to partner companies
- Create local jobs and build up the loyalty of regional engineers
- Encourage cooperation between the various entities
- Have a return on the companies’ strategy and discuss common projects
The essence of Neo-Eco lies in the design of waste recovery projects. In order to do this, the company has chosen to specialise in the creation of circular economy loops on its territory, that is to say, to give waste a second life by working with various local experts and partners.
Neo-Eco has created a cluster of companies that have an activity that is complementary to its own, which enables it to decentralise the skills. Therefore, each partner company is an expert in its field, with the aim of improving the quality of the projects developed. These companies are all located on the same site at Haubourdin and function as a network in order to encourage full cooperation between the stakeholders in each project.
Neo-Eco has become the shareholder of several of those partner SMEs by supporting their creation. The monthly accompaniment of the entrepreneurs enables Neo-Eco to have a return on their strategy and to discuss the network’s projects.
Neo-Eco’s approach makes it possible to relocate the economy and boost the employment area. Since 2008, dozens of positions held by regional engineers have been created over the entire cluster of companies.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Winner of the “Stratégie d’Entreprise” (literally, Company Strategy) award in 2012
- Sales x 2.5 between 2011 and 2012
- High employee loyalty rate
- 4% of the payroll devoted to the training plan
- Territorial rootedness and development of local employment
- 40 jobs created in 6 years over all partner companies
- Lasting partnership with the complementary companies