Founded in 1980, Triodos Bank finances companies that generate social, environmental, or cultural added value with funds it receives from savers and investors eager to encourage the development of innovative and responsible companies.
Sustainable banking with LA BANQUE TRIODOS
1. Organizational Governance
Strategy and organization
- Contribute to the development of a responsible company.
- Provide customers with financial products allowing them to use their money responsibly.
Responsible shareholders. Each shareholder holds share certificates. With the limit of having a 10% stake. During the General Assembly, the voting rights of each owner is limited to a maximum of 1000 votes. This system allows to preserve the independence and mission of the bank.
Funding for the "sustainable economy". Through traditional banking services, Triodos Bank supports the development of responsible companies and engaged in CSR and is involved in the field of renewable energy. Customers are aware of the societal process and criteria that determine the choice of suppliers which are not only financial but also social and environmental.
Transparency. Triodos was the first bank to disclose the details and impact of its activities. It is available including a list of all its loans and details of the salaries of its executives.
A social and environmental policy consistent with its values.
- Social : the maximum accepted salary amplitude is from 1 to 10 (7.7 in 2008). Telecommuting, sabbaticals and part-time situations are readily accepted.
- Environmental : at the headquarters, panels show the energy consumption in real time and what it represents in relation to past consumption. Using recycled paper and environmentally friendly ink. The paper used and waste is weighed in the company to measure the amount wasted and improve the ratio. Hybrid vehicles or reduced C02 emissions vehicles make up their automobile fleet. Research to reduce CO2 emissions is permanent; as a last resort, there are carbon offset programs such as reforestation.
By investing in a financial institution such as Triodos Bank, the shareholder has a double result: a fair and stable financial result as well as societal results.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Triodos has remained immune to the crisis because it does not invest in the virtual economy.
- Funds entrusted: 2.8 billion Euros in 2006, 3.7 billion in 2008.
- Net income: Euros 6.1 million in 2006, Euros 10.1 million in 2008
- 349 employees in 2006, 475 in 2008
- Wage Amplitude of 7.7.
- Financing of many renewable energy projects and other social, cultural and environmental value-adding projects.
- 50% energy savings at the headquarters HQE.
- 100% of CO2 emissions offset