Salti is a family-owned company created in 1950. It is one of the first companies to specialize in the leasing of equipment for construction and industry professionals. Salti's headoffice is located in Marcq-en-Baroeul. It now employs over 370 persons and is present throughout France with 30 agencies. From 2007, the 4th generation set in motion CSR and is leading all the employees to build the company development plan. Communication, which is everywhere at SALTI, is a way to spread that strategy to all the agencies and all the stakeholders.
Transparent and collaborative communication at SALTI
1. Organizational Governance
Transparency and communication
- Ensuring communication efficiency within the 30 sites
- Involving all the employees
- Being transparent on the actions taken
• Internal "up and down" communication
The company's strategy is spread throughout all agencies, and each of them thens sends information back (communication), especially thanks to the collaborative intranet network:
- monthly communication on activity, turn-over, major axes of development for the company, internal documents (on safety, HR policy), frequency and seriousness rates of work accidents
- Every event or meeting is filmed, and the video is uploaded on the intranet
- each employee can comment or post an information on the intranet (based in the principles of social networks)
- Participatory sections: idea box, market monitoring and events
Each department has autonomy in terms of putting contents on the intranet. This tool enables employees to be informed, to communicate and to exchange in real time.
• External Communication
Signing an external communication commitment on the major and real environmental impacts and aspects, on the condition in terms of health and safety of employees, on training.
Drafting of a Sustainable Marketing Charter which defines the priority criteria for decisions-making and choosing service providers for advertising objects (recyclable materials, PEFC/FSC paper, Imprim'vert (Greenprinting) label, Short procurement circuits)
Organisation of contests to team up the stakeholders of the company (best employee's kid drawing, photography contest (wearesalti.com) open to all stakeholders)
CONTRIBUTION TO COMPANY PERFORMANCE
- Development of the sense of belonging thanks to the company's transparency
- Motivation and commitment of the employees
- Strengthening and efficiency of internal communication
- Fluidity of information: 1000 news posted by the agencies over a year (6 times more than 2 years ago)
- Employees satisfaction report (self-fullfilment) : rose at 67%